Can you guys believe it's been, like, a whole friggin' year since I blogged? Craziness.
Time has flown.
Well, things have calmed down just a little bit(who am I kidding..) and, more importantly, I've got the "blogging itch". So here I am, ready to tell you about all of the exciting changes that have happened since last September.
1. I completed my veterinary technology externship(similar to an internship, but shorter) at one of the country's top aquariums. A.K.A. I turned my dreams into real life. This was an eye-opening, amazing, educational, inspirational learning experience. Seriously. I can't really divulge very much, but things like giving a fish an injection, listening to and recording the heart rate of a dolphin, and assisting in the life-saving surgery of a tiny dart frog are experiences that will stay with me for ever.
2. I graduated!! Woohoo! That, right there, is my Associate of Science degree in Veterinary Technology. And those 2 other ladies? Well, they were my graduating class. It's a smaller college that works with monthly classes(thus monthly graduating classes), and we started out in the introductory class as 12. Then there were 3.
3. We purchased and moved into a new home.
4. We've had a significant number of losses.
All of the rats passed away due to age-related factors. Some had symptoms of brain tumors, while others passed peacefully overnight.
Lilly passed away during transportation to our new home.
Due to changes in (human)family dynamics and living situations, Princess and Zoomie, the kitties, now live with my grandmother.
I "shut down" the mice and ASF breeding operations and now purchase the snakes' food from a semi-local breeder who practices hygienic and humane breeding and euthanasia.
5. On the flip, there have been some additions.
We got a new African Clawed Frog. We got him before Lilly passed away, but have decided to name him "Pad" in her memory. He's a little bit deformed, in a cute way.
A new baby! No, not a furry baby. Not a scaly baby or slimy baby, either. A hairless baby! For now, for the sake of "privacy", we'll call him Little Keeper. As in, My Household Zoo's littlest zookeeper.
I think that's all. I'll be back tomorrow to let you all know where the blog is headed from this point as far as content, frequency, etc. I missed you guys; hope you missed us!