Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Where's the Zoo Headed?

No, we aren't moving physically. We're staying right here in good ol' Indiana.. for now. What I'm going to address is content, frequency, etc.

Last time I blogged regularly, I set challenges and goals for myself such as blogging daily, scheduling, posting about a certain subject weekly, things like that. This time around, I'd like blogging to be a more leisurely hobby for myself. I want it to be completely relaxed, no pressure, I post when I want to and have the time, and I post what I feel like writing about. Because that's what this blog is about. An outlet where I can share about my life with "the zoo". Hopefully it's interesting enough for at least a few of you! ;)

So... what's the subject going to be? What, and who, is included in this "zoo"? And what parts of our life am I interested in sharing? As you all know from my post last week, we have a new addition to the family, "Little Keeper". I'm going to try to keep the blog mainly about my pets and not go all mommy-blogger on you guys, but I am sure some posts about him will sneak their way in, especially when it's something big. For example, his cleft palate repair surgery is coming up, and I'll most likely share about that, even though it's not quite pet related!

As far as pet-related content goes, I'll most likely continue to post about fun outings I have with the dogs, veterinary medicine info I find interesting, events such as birthdays and sick vet visits, and fun, cool DIY ideas I come across, from training to treats and more. Last, but certainly not least, reviews. I love sharing my furry kids' opinions(and my own!) on new products we come across. I love being contacted by companies interested in letting us try their product in exchange for a review, but beyond that, I will most likely be writing reviews for products we win from giveaways and/or products we purchase as well. I'll try to include giveaways as often as I can, because I love those, too. In fact, I'm going to "organize" my personal Pinterest board at some point so that I can have one board exclusively for pet giveaways from other blogs to share with you all.

I'll also take hints from you guys. So, leave a comment, share your thoughts. I will more than likely be driven to write more about what you all enjoy, and slowly fade out the things you don't take the time to read.

Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. Just glad to see you back! Bottom line, blogging should be FUN, so you do whatever is necessary to make it fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia!

    My name is Tammy. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I just wasn't sure how else to reach you. I sincerely apologize if this comes across as spam, that is not the intent. With Christmas just around the corner, I thought you might be interested in our latest infographic "Are You A Doggie for Christmas Kind of Mom?". You can view it at Flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106131018@N08/11241972855/ (Preview) . FYI (in case you're not familiar) Flickr.com is owned by Yahoo!. It's a very safe site and won't hurt your computer. To download the infographic right click on it and Flickr will show you some options.

    If you like this infographic and want to share it with your readers, please feel free to do so. The only thing that we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog dot com in some way from your post.

    As a way of showing our appreciation to those who choose to share the infographic, I'd be happy to spread the word about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. Just let me know that you posted it and send me the link.

    If you'd like to be removed from our contact list, please let me know.

    Happy Holidays!
    Tammy Sexton
    Marketing Coordinator
    Tammy at TheUncommonDog dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have a quick question I wanted to ask you about your blog, do you think you could send me an email when you get this? Thanks! Tiffany
    tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com

    ReplyDelete